Background of the Office:
- Candidates for this office are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There are five Members of the Hamilton City School District Board of Education.
- This office will have 3 open seats on the ballot in 2025.
- This office will have 2 open seats on the ballot in 2023.
- Each term is 4 years. (R.C. 3313.09)
- Each term begins on January 1st following the election. (R.C. 3313.09)
Click here to view current Elected Officials
What are the requirements to run for Hamilton City School Board?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within the Hamilton City School District.
- Be a registered elector of the Hamilton City School District.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for Hamilton City School Board?
- Complete petition form 3-T. (Note: Petition forms should be printed on legal sized, 8 1/2" x 14" paper)
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.254)
- Collect between 150 and 450 signatures
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Contact Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.