Assistant Fiscal Officer Position Posted
Click here to view the full job description for the Assistant Fiscal Officer
Job Title: Assistant Fiscal Officer
Responsible to: Chief Fiscal Officer
Public Health Core Competency Level: Level 1
Positions Supervised: None
Work Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, usual hours 8-4, M-F, Evenings/weekends may be required.
Grant-Funded: This position is not grant funded
Essential Functions: Under the general direction of the Chief Fiscal Officer, the Assistant Fiscal Officer provides assistance with the maintenance of financial records, processing payroll, obtaining purchase orders, monthly reconciliation of accounts, preparing financial reports for the Chief Fiscal Officer, acting as the backup liaison with the Board of Health, and assisting the Health Commissioner as needed in order to ensure the financial well-being of the Health District. The position encompasses a wide variety of day-to-day budgetary responsibilities.
- Completion of at least a high school degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience in budgeting and financial reporting.
- Advanced computer skills using PC-based software and hardware (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good communication skills with accuracy in spelling and grammar.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete work accurately and on time.
- Experience with Tyler Munis product and InSITE time keeping system.
- Business and/or accounting degree preferred.
- Government or public health accounting experience preferred.
- Notary preferred.
- Exposure to laws, and regulations of government and grant accounting.
- Experience with government accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, ODH GAAP Manual, and other applicable regulations.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer with overseeing the financial funds/accounts of the Butler County General Health District.
- Assist with the daily processing of deposits and performing pay-ins to the Butler County Auditor and Butler County Treasurer.
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer with tracking and reporting all revenue and expenditures and creating monthly financial reports for the Board of Health.
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer with budgeting, applying for, tracking and reporting all revenue and expenditures for all grants or specific grants as assigned.
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer with tracking and reporting all revenue and expenditures needed to create annual reports as required by the Auditor of State and the Ohio Department of Health.
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer with the cost methodology process to set annual fees for mandated programs.
- Perform all payroll-related tasks including entering newly hired employees and all other employee changes into the payroll system, assisting employees with the electronic time keeping system, calculating and inputting payroll into the Butler County Auditor’s financial system and tracking staff salary and benefit payments.
- Calculate, post and track all staff accrued and used leave benefits for each pay period.
- Track vehicle inventory, drivers, repairs, and expenses.
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer in tracking and updating the agency equipment inventory.
- Complete required training for emergency preparedness and cross-train on other office functions.